Chick-Fil-A offers best peppermint milkshakes

Conner Peckinpaugh, Impact Editor in Chief

In the wake of the Christmas season, restaurants have Peppermint milkshakes available.

A few students were able to snag peppermint shakes from two of the most popular places before they ran out. Chick-fil-a and Steak ‘n Shake both started serving their shakes back in November through December until supplies ran out.

“I don’t like things that taste like I’m brushing my teeth,” junior Gabby Marquez said. “It seems like Steak ‘n Shake had peppermint syrup in a vanilla shake and just added peppermint candy into it. It doesn’t seem like Chick-Fil-A used a syrup because it doesn’t look like they did and it doesn’t taste like they did.”

Chick-Fil-A’s shake was a light pink color while Steak ‘n Shake was a bright, artificial looking pink. Despite the bolder color, Steak ‘n Shake did not have the bolder taste.

“It doesn’t taste like peppermint. It tastes artificial,” Marquez said. “It tastes like vanilla and feels like there’s chunks of peppermint candy in it.”

Other students had similar opinions. After tasting the Chick-Fil-A shake, senior Aidan Weber had this to say.

“The little bits of chocolate make my teeth feel gross. I’d drink it, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to get it,” Weber said.

Sophomore Mason Chance disagreed.

“It’s like there are York peppermints in it. It’s tasty. I’ve never had a peppermint shake before, and this is really good,” Chance said.

Chance also shared his opinion about the Steak ‘n Shake shake. Overall, the same opinion was shared amongst the test group.

“I didn’t like Steak ‘n Shake as much. It’s like vanilla shake with a hint of ‘what the heck is this?” Chance said.

Weber had this to say about Steak ‘n Shake.

“It’s very pink. It’s a lot sweeter than Chick-Fil-A and just tastes like ice cream,” Weber said.

Chick-Fil-A’s shake was about a dollar more expensive than Steak ‘n Shake, but it appeared to be worth it. When giving their final opinions, the group expressed mostly positive reviews of the Chick-Fil-A shake while not giving Steak ‘n Shake the same positivity.

“I think Chick-Fil-A did it right because it doesn’t taste like I’m brushing my teeth,” Marquez said.