Best NFL Moment

Every NFL season comes with its fair share of great moments, from record breaking performances to gruesome injuries to massive underdog wins, and the 2022-2023 season was not an exception.

Although the season had many memorable moments, most people can agree that the biggest of all was when Buffalo Bills’ safety Damar Hamlin suddenly collapsed on the field in the middle of the game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Although a terrifying moment that no one ever wants to see, this game brought football fans together like never before.

“I actually went to the Bills vs Bengals game where Hamlin got injured. The energy and the atmosphere was amazing. You could even compare it to a playoff game up until the accident happened. I had never seen a crowd go so quiet so quickly as everyone just stood there in shock and looked for any kind of update on Damar’s state,” sophomore Eli Augustine said.

Along with Damar Hamlin making a full recovery, there was no shortage of great performances from other players too.

“My favorite moment from this season was definitely the Packers’ game against the Cowboys when rookie wide receiver Christian Watson caught three touchdowns in one game after heavily struggling week after week at the beginning of the season. I loved watching that game because that’s when Watson really started improving consistently throughout the season and proved that he and the Packers have a bright future ahead,” freshman Eli Miller said.

Some people have personal experiences that connect them to watching the NFL.

“I got into watching football when I was a Junior Colts Cheerleader in 2012, and after that, I fell in love with the sport,” sophomore Hannah Goings said. “My favorite moment from this season was when the Cowboys, my favorite team, beat Tom Brady in the playoffs for the first time in seven years. It was super exciting to watch.”

Although the Cowboys are located down in Dallas, “America’s Team” has fans all over the country.

“My favorite moment from this season was watching Dak Prescott, the Cowboys’ starting quarterback, come back from a pretty rough injury toward the beginning of the season. Even though he was hurt for multiple weeks, he came back and led the team to 2nd place in the NFC East and locked them into the playoffs,” freshman Alayna Rees-Terhune said.

Some fans’ seasons were not as memorable as others.

“With the Colts having a terrible season and being super disappointing, my favorite part of the season was honestly when they fired head coach Frank Reich. Even though they only won one game the rest of the season after firing him, it shows slow steps in the right direction toward a team rebuild. One positive about the Colts’ down year is now they have a top five pick in the draft that they can hopefully use to draft a good young quarterback,” freshman Carter Williams said.

Other teams had better seasons with more success and played entertaining games for fans to enjoy.

“My favorite game of the year was when my Dolphins played the Ravens. The Dolphins came back from trailing to win the game in the fourth quarter. The game was super exciting because it was crazy to watch them come back from down 21 for the win,” sophomore Waveland Goodrich said.