Can times slow down

Sam Thompson, Reporter

It is hard to think that the middle schoolers from a few years ago are ready to say their last goodbyes.

On the last day of middle school, the whole graduating class comes together for a party to end the year and kick off their highschool career. 

“My favorite part from middle school was the 8th grade party. We stayed after school and played games for a few hours and then after me and my friend went to my friend’s house and played. We played pool basketball for hours, and everyone ended up with bruises after,” senior Noah Rollings said.

Students found ways to stay connected with vacations, sports, and church camps during the summer. The friendships grew through the time spent having fun outside of school

“I went to the church camps every year, and they were my favorite part of my summers. All of my friends would go with me, and my favorite game to play with them was basketball. We always had big competitions, and they were the best,” senior Eden Young said.

At the end of 8th grade, the big trip to Washington DC took place. 

“I went to Washington DC, and it was one of the best parts of middle school. The Washington Memorial was my favorite thing we saw in Washington. It was a great trip even though I got no sleep the whole trip,” senior Kira Faulkner said. 

Some seniors have managed to bring their friends along with them all the way through high school.

“I was lucky to have a great group of friends in middle school, and I have stayed close with them. I still hangout with a lot of them on the weekends, and I have classes with them today. I plan on staying close to them in college, and I am sure we will still find ways to hangout,” senior Aidyn Green said.