The Student News Site of Greenwood Community High School

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Orchard Golf Center great local option

Orchard Golf Center is the most affordable golf course and driving range in the Greenwood area.

Found off of SR-135 across the street from Kroger, Orchard Golf Center is one of two Par 3 course and driving range combos in Greenwood.

The light cost of $16 for 18 holes on a weekend is the highest price to play at Orchard. Weekdays are even cheaper at $14 for 18 holes. The driving range offers three bucket sizes priced at $6, $9, and $11. They also offer a $2 driver rental option for the range and a $7.50 club rental. Orchard also offers a miniature golf course that is $7 for adults, $6 for children 12 and under, and free for children 3 and under.

The course does not have golf carts, but pull carts are available for rental. The course is a Par 3 throughout, though there are a few fairly long Par 3’s that are over 200 yards. All of these longer holes are found on the back nine of the course. The front nine is mostly 100 yards or less. One of the larger holes is a personal favorite of mine, having a pond about 150 yards out and the green covered by some trees close to the right.

The course is not the nicest, but for the price, it is one of the best Par 3 courses I have played.

The driving range is my choice when I want to go practice. It is a five-minute drive from my house, and the prices are significantly better than Otte. There are around 10 covered bays, a lot more that are uncovered on the left of the clubhouse, and a grass area to the right.

Orchard is family-owned, and the owners are always extremely friendly. The pro shop worker is also nice and helpful when it comes to buying balls or looking at new bags or clubs.