The Student News Site of Greenwood Community High School

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

FCA members appreciate Christmas series

Tis’ the season of coming together and worshiping during the holiday season as a group.

The FCA Christmas series, led by junior Carter Swain, has taken place at all FCA meetings during the month of December.

“Christmas series has always been one of my favorite parts of FCA  the last two years and now that I get the chance to be a leader makes it very exciting,” Swain said.

FCA Christmas series helps members get into the Christmas spirit.

“My freshman year I didn’t know a lot about Christmas and why it was important, but going to FCA every week helped me learn the meaning of Christmas and appreciate the holiday even more,” sophomore Katelyn Besinger said.

The series features numerous activities to learn about Christmas and the birth of Jesus.

“As a leader, it is my job to help teach and lead the activities. I make sure every activity is fun but still allows our group to learn and worship,” Swain said.

Is not a dramatic change in the layout of a typical FCA meeting as a whole but rather a change in what is being learned.

“I like FCA regardless of whether it is Christmas or not. Either way, we get to come together as a group and get closer to God. FCA Christmas series is good because it helps get me in the spirit for Christmas coming up,” junior Carter Chatham said.

FCA has always brought people together to be there for each other and successfully established an entire circle of trust.

“I know no matter wherever I am going through, I can walk into FCA on Friday morning and be able to have people who care about me. I can pray for others going through tough times too,” Besinger said.

FCA helps many of the members worship with friends they may not have classes with a chance to see otherwise.

“I have a couple of friends I don’t have any of my classes with this year, and we all have stuff going on after school so it becomes hard to see them. FCA gives us a chance to stay close and really good friends. Now, we will all get into the Christmas spirit together,” Besinger said.

FCA meets every Friday morning in the IMC.