The Student News Site of Greenwood Community High School

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Girls swimming head into Sectionals

The girls swimming team is looking to dive into Sectionals. 

The swimmers have lots of confidence going into Sectionals due to their successful regular season. The Sectional prelims will take place on Feb. 1, and the Sectional finals will be on Feb. 3. Both the prelims and the finals will take place at Center Grove.

“Our team has improved so much this year, so I am expecting lots of time improvements from individuals and great results from the team as a whole. Because of our lack of divers, I’m not sure how we will place as a team. I am still expecting lots of individuals to place high in each event,” senior Hailey Peckinpaugh said.

The team has had lots of bonding opportunities, which has allowed them to maximize their chemistry. 

“This season we have all gotten closer as a team, which has allowed us to constantly push each other. I would say the team has improved drastically since last year and I am excited to see what the end of the season brings,” junior Ryann Marker said.

Many individuals on the team have made great strides.

“Personally, this year has been extremely successful. I have had a completely different mindset than in the past and I have found more motivation for my senior year,” Peckinpaugh said.

This season has been full of lasting memories.

“My favorite part of this season has been all of the team bonding that we have done. Both in and out of the water, the team has put in lots of effort to become a true family. I have never felt closer to my team than this year and I am beyond grateful for the way we support each other,” Peckinpaugh said. 

The team is looking to improve upon their 4th place finish at Sectionals last season.

“We did solid at Sectionals last year; both our girls and boys teams placed 4th. I think we did well, but there is definitely room for improvement,” Peckinpaugh said. 

This Sectional meet will be the last for some seniors. 

“Sectionals this year will definitely be a bittersweet moment. I’m excited to compete, but it is sad that it will be my last time at the Sectional meet,” Peckinpaugh said.