Post Prom & Alternatives

Usually, a school-sponsored trip drags students to a boring, educational facility in the city- not a full day in an amusement park.

Post-prom is tentatively on April 27th, the week after Prom, and will be a full-day trip to King’s Island. It is roughly a 2 hour and 30 minute bus ride. Kings Island features 49 attractions; 14 are roller coasters. Crowd favorites are the Banshee and Diamond Back, and attendees of Post Prom will enjoy the new tallest ride, the ORION.

Tickets will start at $37 and be sold separately from Prom tickets. Included in the admission price is the round-trip bus ride and admission into the park. The hope is to reduce the price of the tickets or have separate food and drink packages for the students included. Money raised should cover the bus expenses for all students attending.

A concern for many students is the price of the Prom festivities. A ticket to Prom costs $65 before the dinner, photos, drive to the venue, and outfit. Then, the extra $37 totals the experience to more than $100 per person at the least.

Earlier in the school year, a survey went out to seniors that allowed them to vote on potential locations for Post Prom. Of the 68 replies, Kings Island had the largest number of votes with 49. Other popular places seniors voted on were Sky Zone and Rascals Fun Zone with 28 and 24 votes respectively.

Despite the trip to Kings Island being offered, many students decide to do their own thing for Post-Prom.

“Instead of going to Post Prom last year, I decided to just go to dinner with some friends and then hang out at their house. It was a lot cheaper and more chill because I was tired after Prom,” senior Sam Grimes said.

Many groups of friends have already been planning their Post-Prom alternatives for weeks and plan to turn it into a tradition.

“We all played golf after HOCO and plan to do the same after Prom. It is one of my favorite games I have ever played, and we will get food after like last time,” junior AJ Sheets said.