Softball preview

Softball+preview

The softball team is gearing up for a killer season.

“I can already tell that this season is going to go super well because we have a new coach, coach Allison. She already has bought us new uniforms and new equipment to use. The new coaches have a lot better chemistry with us, and it feels like a much better environment than last year,”  senior Ava Smith, outfielder, said.

Freshman Gracelyn Bowls utility gave insight on practices.

“We do a lot of running and conditioning, but we do drills to work better on our communication and teamwork skills. We do a lot of hitting drills, and our coach hits grounders to us a lot,” Bowls said.

Every player has a pregame routine they use to feel good about the game.

“My pregame routine is that with a couple players on the team we all go out to eat at McDonalds, and we listen to Zach Bryan in the car on the way back to the school. I also always have my Stardust Alani before every game,” sophomore Cadence,Sanders second base, said.

A lot of the players have different pregame routines.

“I do my hair a certain way every game and go out with a few players on the team to Steak and Shake, and we blast music super loud in the car to get all of us hyped up for the game. I pray every game and hype up all of the players on the team,” Smith said.

Starting the new season takes a lot of preparation.

“I have been trying to become friends with the freshmen that are joining the team this year. They have been learning things very quickly this year. With my friends on the team on days, we don’t have practice. We go outside and throw the ball around with each other. We also practice the drill we learn in practice,” junior Hailey Hendricks, shortstop said.

The girls first softball game is April. 1, at Indian Creek, at 5:30 p.m.