Suggested FNL themes

The long awaited football season is finally here, but the game itself might not be the best part of Friday nights.

While watching the game, dressing up for the game might be just as fun. Lots of fans enjoy the long held tradition of dressing up. Students every year create themes for the games, but are these themes the best ones? One of the best themes is called “White Lie.” Students take plain white shirts and write sarcastic comments on them. Some of the best could look like “I’m always on time” even though they are constantly late. Fans have lots of fun with this one.

Even though most fans contribute to the theme there is always a theme that is not a fan favorite. One of these is “Toga Night.” The toga theme involves dressing like a civilian from Ancient Greece; some of the outfit ideas can look like simple white sheets draped over one shoulder and then wrapped around the person’s body. Toga is not beloved because sometimes it is hard to buy. White sheets are available at Walmart, Target, ect. Greenery can be found at craft stores. Most students will buy a line of fake vines and cut them to fit their heads.

Fans also enjoy “Color Out Night” where the students pick a color and wear only that picked color. “Blackout, Pink Out, Camo Out,” and “White Out”Are popular. Fans can purchase these clothes almost anywhere. Camo clothes can be found in the local “Rural King” just off of US 31 and Smith Valley. All other “Color Out” outfits can be mixed and matched with any clothing item of that color. Students can also add accessories. Some like to add a bandana or colored makeup to fit the theme. “Black Out” also tends to bring out the face paint, fans enjoy using eye black and drawing crosses or designs under their eyes in black paint to help support the theme. Even though the “color” theme is fun to participate in, it often is also complained about because of its repetition.

With the topic of “Color out,” there’s another theme that is similar but fans consider it boring. “Class Color” is that theme. Class Color consists of each grade wearing a different color that represents their class. Freshman colors are white, sophomores are yellow, juniors are green, and senior colors are black. Fans can find any of these colored outfits anywhere. Class color could be considered repetitive or boring because we already have a lot of “color” themes.

There are 10 guaranteed games on the schedule this year, and all home and away games have a theme for the fans to participate in. Whether the games end in a win or loss the fans always have fun dressing up.