Unified Track gearing up for Mid-State

The Unified Track Team is gearing up for the Mid-State Conference meet on April 25 as well as continuing to grow friendships.

The team is partaking in their yearly traditions prior to the Mid-State Conference.

“The team is preparing for the Mid-State Conference meet by practicing hard at our practices while still keeping things fun. We usually like to do things like play kickball and race each other to enjoy our practices together. When it gets hotter outside we always get to do water gun fights and I know the helpers and the athletes really enjoy it,” freshman Brooke Albertson said.

Unified sports are able to provide a place for fun, friendship, and family and being a part of the team can be a great experience.

“The team’s main focus during the season is not only improving our skills on the track or in the shot put ring; but also working on creating friendships and understanding how we can best support and encourage our teammates. Really the most important part of the sport is being a part of something that is bigger than myself,” junior Valeria Moreno said.

Running Unified Track can be a rewarding way to be involved.

“The most rewarding part of running Unified Track is watching all of the athletes have fun and get to compete. It is always great to see all of the athletes having fun and running at track meets and knowing that I get to be a part of it is really cool,” senior Elaina Nuhfer said.

One of the main goals is to become closer as a team as well as creating bonds that will expand beyond the track.  

“During the season, we usually play a lot of games and run around and have fun. Being able to play games together has really been able to bring the team together, and it is super rewarding to see the kids have a fun and exciting time with everyone,” senior Lucas Young said.