New vs old passes

The new electronic passes, both a new and old idea, are a new fan favorite.  It is a very fast and easy process; when the student walks in all they have to do is search for their name and the machine will spit them out a hall pass. 

“I like the new electronic passes better because I don’t have to tell the secretary why I am late and all of my other information,” junior Wendy Amador said.

The students are not the only ones who prefer the new passes.

“I am loving the new passes because the old ones I would have to hand write and my hands would get tired. We also had to buy books for the old passes so that we could have a carbon copy, and that became a hassle,” Rhonda Warner, secretary said. 

Even though people are treating these as a new, advanced idea, this is not the first time GHS has seen this system.

“Every other school has them, and we used to have them here at Greenwood High School, but we decided not to use them for awhile. We stopped using them because it got very frustrating. The secretary made the decision that it would just be easier to start handwriting them again. Now for security purposes, we decided to bring them back,” Mr. Roberto Rios, IT specialist, said. 

The reasoning behind these passes is to help the routine of the office ladies become more efficient and effective.

“The reason behind them is for the secretary to do less work, and it is easier for them not having to write it all down. It also synchronizes with PowerSchool, so when they are late or tardy, the secretary doesn’t have to go into PowerSchool and change it themselves” Mr. Rios said.