School renovation coming to an end

Renovation around school started last year with the English hallway, leaving students and teachers to move classes constantly. Now, the process is wrapping up.

“I appreciate all the patience teachers and students had during the whole process. I understand that it was a difficult situation, but I am very grateful for everyone cooperating,” Mr. Craig Bruns, assistant principal, said.

All classes that went under construction got new carpets, new paint, new LED lighting systems and digital boards. Additional projects include: new computers in the journalism room, LGI rooms, and Hallway 32 under construction right now.

“All changes were made for the better of the students and the teachers but also for a modern look,” Mr. Bruns said.

The soccer field is also getting renovated. Fences, press box, and lights are getting added to the soccer field, and it is set to be done this week.

“Our district is good at maintaining update over the facility, leaving no students left out and making sure everyone is included in new upgrades,” Mr. Bruns said.

Although construction is coming to an end right now, there may be future projects.

“Everything costs money, but that doesn’t mean we are done with renovations. We will continue projects along the way making sure we are giving staff and students everything they need,” Mr. Bruns said.

During the process, most teachers had to move classes but those whose classes were getting renovated over the summer did not need to go through the challenges of moving classes.

“The process for me was great because my room was getting renovated over the summer, so I didn’t have to worry about moving classes,” Mrs. Lanna Smith, math teacher, said.

Mrs. Stephanie Senac, English teacher, is pleased with the new additions made to her class.

“My favorite thing is the dimming LED lights. I think it’s nice having the option to dim down the lights on certain days. I also find the new smart board very helpful,” Mrs. Senac said.

Renovations around the school are coming to an end, and a lot of people are happy with the updated school.