The Student News Site of Greenwood Community High School

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

The coziest crochet products for you

Once upon a time, the sun seemed to provide an endless day of fun and games. Suddenly, the spirit of fall kissed the sun to sleep, and the wind sang the song of falling leaves that graced driveways as far as the eye could see.

Fall is a season that is long awaited by some who surround their lives with pumpkins, haunted houses, and spooky movies. However, sometimes, it feels as if summer lingers in the air despite the months’ revolving changes. So, to combat the summer season’s lingering touch, here are three crochet projects that I think will help the fall feel just a bit more cozy for those out there who are like me and love the aesthetic fall festivities. 

First on the list are crochet pumpkin garlands. Crochet is only for some, so buying them from shops like Etsy is always an option instead of making them by hand. That applies to all of these projects. However, at any level of crochet experience, this project is an easy and fun one to try. This mini project consists of many crocheted pumpkins of any color and trim to medium-sized crocheted together. They could be chained or connected through crocheted vines. 

The next thing that can be crocheted to heighten the feelings of fall would be a granny square blanket. Although a granny square blanket is not an exclusive fall item, it adds a cozy, warm, fuzzy feeling to any space. Also, they are tremendously diverse, so making it out of granny squares with pumpkins, skulls, leaves, or even ghosts would be a nice flare to add. They could also be a traditional granny square with some colors that may resemble the fall season. A granny square blanket is a little trickier, but even if it does not come out how intended, it will still be a cute addition to bedding or a reading nook. 

With the fall also comes colder weather. But have no fear because sweaters will always be here. My final crochet recommendation for the fall is a crocheted cardigan. Cardigans are a diverse year-long clothes item; however, when I envision the season of fall, my mind immediately thinks of a cozy crocheted cardigan. A crochet cardigan requires several more steps compared to the pumpkin garland or the repetitive motions of a basic granny square blanket. Still, even as a beginner, they would be the perfect items to practice crochet skills.

Crocheting can be difficult, but the outcomes will always be worth it, and they will spice up the fall decor in anyone’s home.