Spring Break sparked adventure

Spring Break is a well-needed and deserved two-week period for GHS students to relax and potentially make lifetime memories from unique experiences. 

Many students went on vacations to see new places across the world.

“I went to Hawaii for the first time. Even though it is part of America, I have never seen anything like it. The beaches were so beautiful, and it looked like something on a poster,”  junior Arya Gokhale said. 

An island 2,471 miles off the coast of the U.S. is bound to have unique experiences not found anywhere on the mainland.

“In Hawaii, we went whale watching on a tour. We were able to see whales, but it was really cool because we could hear the whales before we were able to see them,” Gokhale said.

A popular destination for many students was Florida, which draws tourists with its promise of warm, sunny weather and pristine sand beaches.

“Going to Florida is always so much fun. I get to go to the beach all day with my cousins to play spike ball and go in the ocean. Then, I get to go back to the hotel after a long day and watch March Madness, which I did every night,” junior Eli Augustine said.

Florida also offers family-friendly fun in the parks of Universal Studios and Disney World, both situated in Orlando. The parks are expansive with multiple hotels, rides, and conventions that draw millions of tourists a year from across the globe. 

“ In Spain, one of the things about America we hear a lot about is Disney World, so I was so excited to finally get to see it since we have nothing similar in Spain,” sophomore Cecilia Bermejo said.

Not only does Disney have a large number of rides, but the rides found at Disney World are different from anything else in the world.

“My favorite ride was the Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster because it was so different from a normal roller coaster. I liked it so much we went back and rode it two more times,” Bermejo said.