Who do people follow on TikTok?

TikTok has taken over teens’ lives, but it is not all bad. 

“My favorite TikToker right now is probably Dave Portnoy. I followed him because he does pizza reviews all around the country and I find it very entertaining,” junior Robbie Lynch said. 

On the flip side, freshman Addy Rogers likes to watch lifestyle videos. 

“I watch and look up to Avery Katherine Wood the most. I followed her because she always has very interesting story times. I relate to her a lot,” Rogers said. 

Rogers and sophomore Hailey Sommers explained what they watch on TikTok.

“My favorite TikToker at the moment is Hannah Leigh. I followed her because she kept showing up on my for you page and I loved her aesthetic. She has a great personality,” Sommers said. 

Teenagers are influenced by the TikTokers they love the most on a variety of topics. 

“She inspires me to be motivated to work out and work hard every day. Avery goes to the gym a lot and is always vlogging about it. She uses really good makeup products. She does a lot of getting ready with me videos and shows her makeup products. She really just makes videos that make her viewers feel like they are on FaceTime, and I really like that,” Rogers said. 

Lynch loves to learn about new foods, specifically pizza. 

“They have influenced me to try different types of pizzas and helped me find more food I like. I’ve been following them for around three months, and I have enjoyed it,” Lynch said. 

Sommers cares a lot about the ocean and nature. That is why Hannah Leigh has influenced her so much. 

“She influenced me by how she thinks about the world and how much she cares for the ocean. She also purchases a lot of great clothes that I love to look for and buy. I have been following her for quite a long time,” Sommers said.