Senior reflect on their 4 years

As they walk across the front of the gym in their final step in high school, all of the memories come flooding back. 

“High school has definitely taught me about myself. It has taught me how to be the person I am today and has led me to what I want to do in the future. It did meet my expectations, but is definitely not like the movies. It was pretty much how I thought high school would be, nothing really special,” senior Brooklyn Hanson said. 

High school has brought many opportunities for people during their time here.

“Sports have been a big part of high school because I do track, cross country, and intramural basketball, and it kind of just takes up all of my time. My athletic ability is probably my most proud accomplishment. I never would have thought I would be at the level or ability I am at today. I never would have thought I could make it to State for cross country,” senior Sam Grimes said. 

Sports create great bonds to help students get through high school. 

“Sports would be my first memory. My tennis seasons have been really important to me over my high school years. It is a really good sport to play because it is a good break. It is kind of a self-paced sport to play, so it is like a breather from everything else at school, and it is nice to just be with my friends,” Hanson said. 

High school is an outlet to meeting new people and making new friends.

“Every year I feel like I have met so many different people and many different friends. So, just having the opportunity to meet new people every year. My senior year has been my favorite because I have felt like I have met a bunch of new people; I have branched out and made a lot of new friends,” senior Grace Dawson said. 

Senior Amare Middleton has appreciated his unwavering support from his friends and the memories of football season. 

“My favorite memories are definitely football seasons. They have been really fun, and I got to experience it with my brothers. Senior year has definitely been my favorite because it is my last and I have been able to spend it with most of my friends. I also broke a single season record which was very cool,” Middleton said. 

The four years that people dedicate to high school create growth. 

“I have definitely changed a lot and grown a lot throughout high school. It has made me into the man I am today. It kind of just shaped me into an actual person. I would say that it did meet my expectations. It is like you see in the movies for the most part. It is a little weirder, but it mostly fits the stereotype,” Grimes said. 

Dawson will always be grateful for what high school has taught her. 

“High school has taught me a lot of lessons with people. It has taught me a lot of everyday things, definitely not taxes or anything like that, but more like everyday lessons and how to survive in the real world. High school was what I expected it to be, but it also was not. It was with football games and other sporting events. But it did not with Prom and Homecoming because I think that it is too overhyped,” she said.