Seniors establish themselves as track stars

By: Ava Brawley, Sophia Hignite, Elizabeth Metzger

During track season, it is not just about the sport, but more about the memories that are made. 

Some seniors in track have had a memorable four years. They have had meets that have not gone their way, but they will still remember the good times they had. 

“The most memorable moment was getting to run the 4×200 relay at the first indoor meet. It was really exciting and I could not wait to run with my friends” senior Chase Monroe said. 

Senior Amare Middleton prepares himself in the blocks for his 4×100. He has waited to show off his skills. Lizzy Metzger photo

Sometimes, the best memories in high school are the small achievements made during sports. 

“The most memorable moment of this year so far is running my first race and winning it. It was a very close race which made winning even more exciting,” senior Amare Middleton said. 

Throughout these memories, there is always someone cheering athletes on. Most athletes have motivators in their life that motivates them during their sports.

“My biggest supporter would probably be my parents. They come to every meet and always cheer loud for me,” senior Sam Grimes said. 

Some athletes have motivators that might not be in their families, but in their sports or on their teams. Having someone motivate them at practice is a great way to better themselves at their sports.

“My biggest motivators are other hurdlers on the team as we all push each other to get better,” Monroe said. 

Seniors tend to have coaches that motivate them the most by the end of their high school years.

“Mr. Williams is my biggest motivator because he is always cheering me on and giving out fist bumps to everyone. I could say this about everyone on the team,” senior Amy Luttrell said. 

Sometimes, seniors adventure out and try new sports their senior year. By adventuring out, they might have to quit sports to start new ones. 

“I quit baseball because I wanted to better myself for college since I am going to college for football,” Middleton said.