New boys volleyball team

By Ava DelPriore, Audree Ferguson, Briar Simpson.

The boys volleyball team was added to the high school this year. It has brought excitement for its new players to compete.

This brings eagerness to all of the players and students involved. The boys are determined going into the season. Even though it is a new team, they are all confident and are ready for it to begin. 

Warren Ngo practices hitting line as a right side hitter.

“I am so excited going into the season and I am confident in my teammates and our ability to succeed,” said freshman Warren Ngo. 

Confidence in teammates does not just come from Ngo, there are other players who trust their teammates to play their hardest during every game.

“I trust my teammates enough, and there’s confidence as well as chemistry going on, so we can help each other out when needed,” junior Thawng Cung said.

The players have set goals for themselves to help them succeed and improve in the upcoming season. This helps them stay on track to playing to their best abilities during the upcoming games.

“My goals for the season are to improve in my position, dedicate extra time to practicing, and to grow closer to my teammates,” freshman Nolan Stivers said.

The team is spending lots of time honing their skills at their practices to push themselves to the next level.

“We are putting in a lot of time and effort to prepare for the season,” said Stivers.

The boys are working on skills for their positions and are striving to become confident players in themselves and their teammates.

“My position is opposite hitter, and I am confident in my position and my teammates to help,” Cung said.

Some players, such as freshman Evan Hess, not only are on the school team but participate in a travel club team as well. 

“I prefer club over the high school team because it’s more competitive and you travel more,” Hess said.