Words of Wisdom from seniors

With four years of high school experience, seniors have lots of advice to give to underclassmen. 

Joining sports helped many create memories and make friends.

“The main thing I would recommend to underclassmen is to join a sport. I have made a lot of my best friends through baseball, and I can’t imagine what high school would be like without them. There have also been a lot of memories and good times at practices and games,” senior Brendan Bailey said.

Being involved in student activities is important in high school, too.

“One piece of advice I would give underclassmen is to be involved. Being involved in clubs and organizations is fun and helpful for the school. It also helps boost your college resume,” senior Abby Willham said. 

Considering college and future careers is important during high school.

“It is definitely important to take into consideration what you want to do after high school. There are lots of different classes and graduation paths that would help for certain majors,” senior Daniel Prior said.

It is important for underclassmen to personalize their schedules to have the perfect high school experience. One popular option for students is to take half-days.

“One thing that I am glad I did in high school was doing half-days. It was the perfect option for me because I want to pursue being a pilot, and doing half-days allowed me to train and get flying time in,” Prior said. 

Staying on top of school work is essential.

“It’s important to do and turn in your assignments on time because once you get behind it is hard to catch up,” senior Donny Heichel said.

High school can be stressful. 

“I would recommend not to stress too much over assignments. It is important to get good grades, but it can be stressful,” Heichel said.