Gran Turismo Review

One of the most underrated movies of 2023, Gran Turismo, captures the hearts of viewers with its inspiring true story of main character Jann Mardenborough.

I was absolutely blown away by how well done this movie was. It captured every emotion of a teen trying to chase his dream when no one else believed in him. Jann Mardenborough was just like any other teen who loved to play video games, but it was not just a video game for Jann. He loved cars and racing ever since his dad took him to the car museum.

Jann was held to high expectations because of his older brother Cai who was a phenomenal soccer player and his father Steve who was an ex professional soccer player.

With them being so successful, his parents and brother seemed to be disappointed in him and wanted him to do something with his life, and Jann felt terrible because he thought his parents would never understand his love for racing and cars.

Then a man by the name of Danny Moore went to Nissan headquarters in Japan, and made a pitch to have a contest in the game of Gran Turismo with the players who have had the world’s highest track times. Jann ended up winning that entire camp and went on to become the face of Nissan Racing.

Gran Turismo has a very large audience, it does not matter if you are a car person or you just watch the movie for the plot. Either way you are going to watch an amazing movie that has the ability to get you hyped for a race, or pull the heartstrings.

Jann Mardenborough was played by British actor Archie Madekwe. Archie is relatively new to the movie industry but does a phenomenal job acting in the character of Jann Mardenborough.

Probably the most well-known actor in this movie is David Harbour. He is mostly known for his major role in Stranger Things, playing Jim Hopper. David Harbour does an extraordinary job playing the Mentor of Jann and guiding him through the extremities of transforming from a gamer to the face of Nissan Racing.

Orlando Bloom plays Danny Moore in this film. He is the creator of the Nissan GT academy and the man who made all of this possible he is mostly known for his major role in The Pirates of The Caribbean, playing Will Turner.

This movie was overall the best movie I have seen in 2023 and may be a competitor for the top movie of the year, I would highly recommend going to watch this movie in theaters while you still can to get the best experience.