El Torito adds to Mexican restaurant scene

Greenwood’s culinary scene just got a whole lot hotter with the arrival of El Torito.

The service was great. They quickly sat parties down and got drink orders out fast as well. The workers were quick to refill on any chips, salsa, or drinks that could be empty. This restaurant served Coca-Cola while offering lots of other sodas, waters, and traditional Mexican drinks.

A fan-favorite dish, Arroz con pollo, was by far the star of the show. It might be plain and simple, but it was by far the best plate on the table. It was the typical cheese, rice, and chicken, but they all came together perfectly to make the dish we all know and love. It came out quickly and was still steaming hot as it was placed on the table.

For guests wanting to try something new, this restaurant offers a variety of authentic Mexican dishes for all to enjoy. We saw many people enjoying things from fajitas to burritos, and even chicken fingers from the kid’s menu. If guests are not as hungry, they offer smaller dishes or portion sizes of most of the dishes. It only depends on which one the guest chooses.

Every dish was given a generous amount of food even though they served chips and salsa for free before the main dish was brought out. Leftover boxes might come in handy at this restaurant. Guests can often find themselves only finishing half of their meals. It will be hard to leave still hungry.

While surrounded by the welcoming music and warm environment, all of the workers were nice and helpful. If guests needed assistance, they were able to help and wanted to help. They acted as if everyone were family and guests were at their house for a delicious meal

El Torito is located on Smith Valley Rd next to Dunkin Doughnuts.