Scottish Rite Cathedral perfect for Prom

GHS Prom took place last weekend, and it was a fun experience for everyone.

This year, prom took place at the Scottish Rite Cathedral in Indianapolis. The cathedral is a big church with a large ballroom inside, where the dance was held. Over 450 people fit into the ballroom to dance, have food, and interact with friends. The cathedral was a much needed size upgrade from last year, where people complained that the venue was too small for everyone attending. 

The vibe and atmosphere of the cathedral fit in very well with the masquerade ball theme. The entire night felt elegant and fancy, especially with people being dressed up so nice in such a nice place. The food was also praised, with many different appetizers and desserts to choose from. 

The one major complaint among the student body was the dance taking place on a Friday. This caused many people to not have enough time to get ready for the night, forcing them to leave school early. However, everything ended up working out well and people were pleased with how this year’s prom turned out. 

Another major part of the night was the Prom Court. There were three couples nominated for each grade. The junior couples were Emma Gardner and Alex Kramer, Avah Wallischeck and Dominik Williams, and Leah Beaman and Quintin Cain. The senior couples were Gracie Gasaway and Brock Riddle, Amy Luttrell and Sam Grimes, and Mariah Pratt and Hayden Sullivan. The prince and princess for the juniors were Dominik and Avah. For the seniors, Sam and Amy won senior prince and princess, and Brock and Gracie were crowned king and queen.