The Student News Site of Greenwood Community High School

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Pros of the Owala water bottle

The Owala water bottle is the up and coming craze in the water bottle world.

The Owala is the obvious choice when comparing it to Hydro Flasks and Stanleys, especially when it comes to price. A 40 oz Hydro Flask with no straw lid is $49.95 on Amazon, and a 40 oz Stanley is $45.00 on Amazon. The 40 oz Owala water bottle is only $37.99 on Amazon, so it is obviously the better deal. 

Not only is the Owala the cheaper option, but it also has many different color combinations. Hydro Flask and Stanley have a lot of different colors, but those are just solid. The Owala has a unique take on the style. They make the actual bottles solid colors, but the lids have many different colors featured. The Owala team is smart about it, though, by making solid colors for those who want a more basic and neutral look. 

The lid is a prominent feature and selling point of the water bottle in more than one way. Not only is the lid aesthetically pleasing, but it also provides two different drinking options. There is a sip and a swig option. There is an option to use the straw to take little sips, but there is also a larger opening to give the option of a bigger drink. Hydro Flask and Stanley do not have this option. Hydro Flask has different lid options, but they do not offer two options on one lid. Stanley has even fewer options because there is one option, to use a straw. 

The Owala water bottle has a unique lid, but there is actually a long-lasting purpose to it. The Owala lid is designed not to spill, and it has lived up to its potential. The Stanleys and Hydro Flasks have not, though. The Stanleys are constantly spilling when they get knocked down because of the open straw. They are not good for sports and at school. Hydro Flasks may not spill very easily, but they have a reputation for denting at the slightest touch. 

Hydro Flask and Stanley are both great brands of water bottles, but Owala is the obvious better choice in so many ways.