Noah Kahan is “Gonna Go Far” this Fall

Noah Kahan trademarked the genre “folk-pop,” and now he is taking over fall inspired playlists.

Kahan is part of a small yet unique genre of music. Most of his listeners are tried and true music fans who have a sophisticated and inspiring taste for music. Noah Kahan also inspires fans to feel the ambiance of fall.

“I have always loved The Lumineers, Mumford, Sons, and that general genre of music; so when I first heard Noah Kahan’s music, it fit perfectly with my preferred genre. Noah Kahan is the perfect artist for a long drive, camping or hiking. I associate these activities with the fall time, comfy sweaters and caramel lattes, and Noah Kahan just adds the perfect touch to these fall days,” senior Mallory Mahin said.

To junior Erike Hayden, Noah Kahan’s music is a way to relax and enjoy the peace of the autumn months.

‘“You’re Gonna Go Far’ is my favorite Noah Kahan song because it is so relatable and it’s such a good song. It’s very calming. Noah Kahan has definitely been Number One on my fall playlist, especially songs from his album Stick Season because they give off major fall vibes,” Hayden said.

Often, famous artists are known for being disconnected from their fans; however, Noah Kahan connects to his fans through his deep and personal lyrics.

“I like the lyrics of his songs a lot. They have a lot of deep meaning. My favorite song from Stick Season is definitely ‘The View Between Villages.’ It talks a lot about the anger and sadness of leaving things behind, and Noah Kahan just has the power to make you hear what he’s saying and feel what he’s saying,” junior Ryann Marker said.

Kahan is a uniquely talented artist when it comes to the lyricism and the overall feel behind his songs.

“My favorite song by Noah Kahan is ‘Call your Mom.’ I really like the lyrics, and they definitely hit home. But the reason it is my favorite is because of all the good memories connected to it. I remember blasting it in the car with my friends, and it is just fun to look back on the memories,” senior Grace Dawson said.

Kahan may not have been around as long as other popular artists, but when his music appeared in the spotlight from his Tik-Tok, fans instantly fell in love with him and his music.

“When I started listening to Noah Kahan, he immediately became my favorite artist. His music is so different from what you usually hear nowadays, and I really like the uniqueness of his songs,” sophomore Sophia Hignite said.