Shamrock Shake review

Minty, sweet, fabulous and tasty  were all words used by members of the football offensive linemen to describe McDonald’s seasonal Shamrock Shake

Every year McDonald’s reintroduces the popular shake in February until the end of March. The shake is vanilla ice cream mixed with mint syrup and layered with whipped cream. Costing around $ 3, the minty treat comes at a low price. As a McDonald’s hater, I found the treat pleasant yet underwhelming. The minty flavor barely came through, and the entire shake flavor felt lacking. With that being said, the flavor there was delicious and gets a rank of 7.8/10 on the Kramer-Richter scale.

Some fans of the shake, however, find the light minty flavor more inviting than an overwhelming mint barrage.

“I enjoy the light mint flavor and how it is not too overwhelming. Although I would say it would be better with less cream and more green [the mint flavoring]. I would rank the shake an 8/10,” junior Alex Skinner, guard, said.

The shake’s consistency is similar to that of a McDonald’s Mcflurry, and that texture is what appeals to many shamrock shake lovers.

“I’ve had them many times and it’s usually not the flavor that I like the most, but I like the texture and coolness of the shake. It’s really smooth and reminds me of a malt or an old-timey milkshake. I would rank it a 9/10,” senior Jaxton McClain, guard, said.

For some, the limited season in which the shake is sold is what attracts them to it.

“I have McDonald’s shakes all year round, but I always look more forward to the shamrock shake over McDonald’s shake. I would rank the shamrock shake a 9.3/10,” senior Doug Hobbs, center, said.

Some McDonald’s superfans, however, find the shake underwhelming and would much rather have a different sweet treat from McDonald’s.

“The shake is good, but I think it’s over-hyped. The minty flavor really isn’t there and without the flavor, it really just tastes like a vanilla milkshake. I’d much rather get an MCflurry over the shake. I’d rank it a 7.3/10,” senior Kobe Keithly, tackle, said.