The Exorcist: Believer review

The Exorcist: Believer is one of the most anticipated horror movies of 2023.

When it comes to the Exorcist movies, fans all know what to expect when they walk into the theater, the classic possession of a person and then a gruesome exorcism towards the end of the film.

In the beginning of the movie, we are introduced to the main character of the film, Victor. He is a husband and a soon-to-be father. In the first 15 minutes of the film, everything goes south. When on a vacation, there is a massive earthquake that ends up severely injuring his pregnant wife. He has to make a choice either to save the child or his wife.

This movie was not as scary as I thought it was going to be. Sure, there are some jump scares sprinkled throughout, but none of them are too bad. This movie had a lot more to do with the father trying to protect his daughter and family being super important.

The one thing that the film did very well was making me feel absolutely terrible for the father. He lost his wife in the beginning of the film, and then later in the film, his daughter goes missing for three days. He ends up finding her only to realize that it is not his daughter. She had been possessed by a demon.

If I had to rate this film, I would give it an eight. Overall, it was a great movie, and I never found myself bored with it. But, it was not what I expected from what I saw in the trailer. I wanted to see the producers really hit the nail on the head with the horror aspect, but they really just focused on the story.

The exorcism scene is definitely my favorite of the movie. Two possessed girls are tied up in chairs while the father gathers a whole bunch of people to help. We find out that both girls are possessed by the same demon because their hearts are in sync, and they end up speaking in unison.

The demon spoke to the parents of the girls and said that one girl dies and then the other will live. All they have to do is choose.

I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who loves a little bit of horror and a lot of plot and story.