Verity offers great read

A sweet love story, but with so many twists and turns there is no way to know where to look; this describes Verity by Colleen Hoover.

The novel is a suspenseful romance that I highly recommend. Lowen Ashleigh, the main character, is a struggling writer who runs into Jeremy Crawford. Jeremy has an injured wife, Verity, who was once a successful author but is now unable to write. Lowen gets the opportunity of a lifetime to finish Verity’s series. 

The backstory of this novel is heart-wrenching. Verity and Jeremy had three children, two daughters and a son, but are now left with just the son. The death of their daughters created a ripple in their marriage, and they never recovered. This novel is one where readers discover more mind-blowing information as they turn the pages. This book will make the reader feel like they cannot read anymore but also cannot put down the book.

Colleen Hoover is a female author from Texas. Her best known novel is “It Ends With Us” which was published in 2016. She has written twenty six books during her career and has sold 20 million copies. 

Verity was written for mature readers. There is a lot of content that would be sensitive and inappropriate for children. I would recommend that high school age and up should read this book. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. I would recommend it to anyone who loves Colleen Hoover, suspense, romance, or just a good easy read. Hoover created a gruesome but intriguing read with many elements so that everyone can enjoy it.