Kanye West Rumored to Drop New Album

All of the Lights are on Ye as rumors swirl that he is planning on releasing his eleventh studio album soon.

Rumors began forming in early August that Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, is planning to release a new album. Details are still unknown, such as the name of the album and the date of release. However, we know the album is expected to have remixes and updates to some of his most iconic songs, including major inspiration from the 2010 album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. 

Ye’s last album, Donda 2, was inaccessible to the mainstream public. It was announced and released in Feb. 2022 exclusively on his “stem player” which can be purchased for $200-300 online. Ye chose to do this because he does not like conventional sources as they portray him in a negative way.

Since the beginning of 2022, Ye found himself in even more controversy than usual. Recent discriminatory posts on Twitter led to his account getting banned and him having a harder time reaching out to his fans. Certain statements he made against groups of people led him to lose close to $2 billion and stop publicly performing.

A recent performance in Rome projected him back into stardom in a record-breaking concert with Travis Scott that caused a minor earthquake. Critics say that the momentum gained with fans at the concert will be shown in the album. Certain groups have had access to new, unnamed music by Ye, and it was described as “crazy.”

Crazy could mean groundbreaking and shockingly good, or it could mean it follows his series of crazy, controversial moves regarding his relationships and Twitter posts.

Although not too much about the album is known at the time, more information is bound to be released soon.  Fans of Ye will continue to wait eagerly as this could be the most important album of his career. A bad album could push him to be irrelevant forever while a good album could revert him back to one of the most popular rappers alive.