Christmas tunes make the season great

As the night arrives earlier, lights go on the houses of those who love the holiday season. A nationwide phenomenon takes place in the world of music: the take over of Christmas music.

There are multiple artists that drop Christmas songs towards the holiday season.

Freshman Kolton Pauley said, “I have never had an all-time favorite artist when it comes to Christmas music, but if I had to choose one person, I don’t think that you can really miss the classic Mariah Carey.”

Christmas music can bring the best of memories with friends and family.

Junior AJ Sheets said, “My favorite memory was Christmas of 2018. Me and my family had listened to all kinds of Christmas songs while we walked around a German festival in Carmel, Indiana.”

Most people have at least one favorite Christmas song. 

Senior Alyssa Hamm said, “My favorite song by far is Frosty the Snowman. That song just really gets me in the Christmas spirit. It is so upbeat and happy; the bells in the song really just make you feel so joyful.”

Christmas music is different from other music on the radio for many reasons.

Senior Julio DeLaRosa said, “The vibe that Christmas music gives you is amazing. The best feeling ever is when you look outside and you see snow. That makes you automatically want to just start blaring Christmas music throughout the house. Christmas music is different from other music because of the bells and the chimes and the windy sounds that make it feel like it is snowing outside. The vibes are immaculate and that’s for sure.”

Having a favorite artist when it comes to Christmas music is a huge plus. 

Pauley said, “Since my favorite artist for Christmas music is Mariah Carey, my favorite song is All I Want For Christmas Is You. I know everyone hates this song, but how can you? It’s an instant classic, and once you hear that song for the first time in the year, you know it’s Christmas time.”