Working hard in Student Council

When people think of role model students, they may think of students who have perfect grades, are athletes or are known by everybody in the school.

When I think of a role model student, I think of someone who has school spirit and is willing to spend time in and out of school to make school a better place, and that is what the Student Council does.

The Student Council not only prepares people for their futures but shows them how to work together as a team.

Participation involves practicing all the skills we need for our futures, from our jobs to other roles in our communities.
When people are working on a project, they are forced to work with their peers whether it is passing out pom-poms at the pep rally or something more serious like making sure people have counted money right after a fundraiser.

Student Council people need to be responsible and organized. People need to know when meetings are, where they are located and what the general idea of that meeting is about to make sure everyone is prepared for anything that may come up. Not only does this help develop responsibility and organization skills, but it also helps with communication skills.

Another reason to join Student Council is because it gives students reasons to help out the school and make it a better place by promoting mental health awareness and much more. In the Student Council, people can shine light on topics that need it, and share their opinions. It is a very open and honest group where people can feel free to express the way they feel about anything.

Student Council shows colleges a student’s willingness to be the best possible people they can be.