The Student News Site of Greenwood Community High School

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Prom Dinner Ideas

As Prom season approaches, the worries of all aspects of Prom arise, like where to eat before or even after Prom. 

“Last Prom, I went with my friends to Applebee’s. It’s not a fancy restaurant, but it was still a super fun experience, and my meal was only around $30 with tip, which is pretty cheap for a Prom dinner,” junior Eli Augustine said. 

Most students have the idea that a Prom dinner has to be elaborate or fancy, but it can be an experience to remember that does not require spending lots of money. 

“My Prom date and I didn’t decide where to eat until last minute, and a lot of places had a wait so we decided to go to Panera. It was cheap and we both love Panera. It was still a pretty fun experience,” senior Kholton Scoggan said. 

Some people like to be more elaborate with their Prom dinner experiences, like a fancy steakhouse or a 5 star restaurant. 

“For my junior Prom, my boyfriend and I went to Ruth’s Chris steak house. It was definitely on the pricier side, but we had planned to go there and saved up for a while. It was nice to have the full Prom experience with a nice dinner. A filet was around $59 for one person.” senior Kenna Hasung said. 

There are many places in Greenwood or Indianapolis that offer lavish experiences and high quality food options.

“I saved up some money and went to Eagles Nest. It’s a revolving restaurant on top of a tall building downtown Indianapolis. It’s really expensive, around $200 for two people, but overall it’s a super fun experience. Last year’s Prom was downtown too so we were pretty close to it, and we got pictures downtown,” senior Stuart Luhigo said. 

Overall, whether students go to a less expensive restaurant like Applebee’s or an exquisite restaurant like Eagle’s Nest, it will still be a night to remember. 

“I don’t think it really matters where you go as long as you’re with the right people. It will be fun either way,” Augustine said.