The Student News Site of Greenwood Community High School

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Timberlines Online

Best Rom-Coms for Date Night

Escape into a world of love and laughter.

“My favorite Rom-Com is 5 Feet Apart. It was really good even though sometimes it could be sad. I have seen it a bunch of times, maybe 12? My favorite actor in it is Cole Sprouse who plays Will. He played him very well, and him being in the movie alone made me want to watch it because I love him as an actor,” sophomore Hailey Lusk said.

Not all Rom-Coms are heartwarming, but Anyone But You manages to steal the spotlight this winter season making viewers feel warm and cozy when it is cold outside.

“I liked Anyone But You. It was really eventful and fun. A lot happened in it which kept the movie entertaining. It was really cute to watch. I even made my boyfriend come with me to watch it, and even though he complained about it before, he ended up really enjoying it. My favorite person in the movie was definitely Bea, or Sydney Sweeney, because she was the main character and she’s definitely a boss,” sophomore Madeline Nichols said.

The newest Rom-Coms are not always the greatest. Sometimes, the oldest ones are not even comparable to current day movies.

“My favorite Rom-Com is 10 Things I Hate About You. I really liked the concept, and because there’s two romances in the movie, it’s entertaining and never gets boring. I thought it was just a really good movie, and it was different from the other Rom-Coms I have seen. My favorite character is Cat because I love how she plays her role and she’s not really looking for love in the movie but finds a way to love. It was super cute,” sophomore Brianna Miller said.

Remembering the notebook is no hard task. Students and teachers can find love easily for 

this timeless and beautiful movie.

“I enjoyed The Notebook because it tells the life’s story of them together and shows how they grow old together. I liked how it portrays a real relationship and doesn’t fake it like some of the other movies do. I liked the man in the movie. His name is Noah, and I like how he really cared about Allie and made things work for the both of them,” freshman Gabe Ward said.

Watching movies with loved ones can be the best way to experience them.

“Rom-Coms are not my favorite, but my wife enjoys them so I watch them. The best one that I have seen is called Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon in it. I thought the part when they tried stealing the body out of the hospital was the best part because it makes me crack up every time I watch it. I also really just like Reese Witherspoon so I enjoy all of her movies,” Mr. Patrick Hagerty, construction teacher, said.