Spring Break Trips

Henry Barrett, reporter

Spring Break starts at 2:30 p.m. today, and many students have big plans.

Sophomore Timmy Bass and his friends are going to St. Petersburg, Florida. 

“I’m going to St. Pete with some of my friends. We have been going there for a few years, and it is always a blast. Most nights we would walk along the beach and talk. We also enjoyed seeing all of the parties and beach activities,” Bass said.

Some students are even traveling outside the country.

“I’m going to Mexico with my family over Spring Break. I’ve been to Cancun with my family before, and it was a blast. We all enjoyed the tropical environment, and it was a nice get away from the Indiana weather,” senior Ben Cruser said. 

Although many students are looking forward to going on vacation, some athletes are using the time to improve their skills. 

“I’m not going anywhere for Spring Break because I have a lot of baseball practices. The team will be working hard over break, and we are using the time to get better. Some of us are going to the batting cages to pitch and hit as well,” junior Brendan Bailey said. 

Sophomore Karissa Harris has volleyball to look forward to. 

“For Spring Break this year, I am staying home, but my plans are to go to volleyball practice and tournaments. My family is planning on going hiking over break. It’s the perfect time to go because it is starting to get warm and the leaves are just coming in,” Harris said. 

Harris has been to a lot of good places for Spring Break, but Orlando has been her favorite.

“Orlando was a fun experience for me because they have a lot of different things to do while you are there. There are many fun amusement parks like Disney and Universal. It is also somewhat close to the beach, and there are a lot of good restaurants and places to get food,” Harris said.