Students enjoy bowling for fun

The excitement on someone’s face once they hit their first strike at a bowling alley is unmatched, and the overwhelming feeling of accomplishment is a near second.

“I enjoy bowling because you can use so many different techniques and put your own spin on it. And getting a strike is always an added plus,” junior Alex Skinner said.  

Bowling is not just a sport; it is a fantastic way to have a blast with friends and family. Whether someone is a pro or a newbie, the sound of pins crashing and the thrill of aiming for a strike make bowling an unforgettable experience.

“Sometimes, I just imagine my worries as the pins, and when the ball hits them, it just feels really exciting and relieving,” junior Ever Catorte said. 

Bowling is not as easy as many may think. There are many techniques and approaches someone has to master to get closer to that strike. 

“You have to master the approach, release, and follow-through. It’s all about finding your rhythm and releasing the ball with precision,” senior Douglas Hobbs said. 

As well as the normal game of bowling, some people add “Bowling Games” to excite their time even more at the bowling alley. 

“Playing different bowling games, like tag team bowling where you grab a friend and see which pair of friends can get the highest score, adds excitement and keeps things interesting. It’s not just about the score; it’s about the laughter and friendly competition,” Catorte said. 

From traditional games like “Strike Challenge” to creative variations like “Cosmic Bowling” with neon lights and music, there is a game for everyone’s taste and skill level.

“The games definitely add to your time there, but the overall vibe of the bowling alley is really enjoyable and calming. It’s like a second home,” Skinner said.

The atmosphere of a bowling alley is electric, with the sound of laughter, upbeat music, and the smell of delicious snacks. It’s the perfect place to create memories and enjoy a fun night out.

“The energy of a bowling alley is contagious. It’s a place where you can let loose, have fun, and make lots of memories. My favorite bowling alley is expo bowl in Indy because they offer a great environment.” Catorte said. 

Expo Bowl is a renowned bowling alley located in Indianapolis, Indiana. It is a fairly big Bowling Alley with 80 bowling lanes, so there is more than enough room to accommodate guests. The cost to Bowl here is around $20 and children 12 and under can bowl for free.