Softball vs. Edinburgh

Wyatt Flowers, Podcast Editor

The softball team prepares to take on the Edinburgh Lancers on Friday night at home.

The softball team wants to break their struggles with a win against Edinburgh.

Senior Dominica Wheatley catcher said, “We have kind of had a slow start to our season, not anything that the players or coaches predicted to happen, but I do believe we can turn things around very soon because we have been playing more like a team as of recent.” 

https://youtu.be/Uxw_5Ob46eI

In order to get the win against a talented Edinburgh team a lot of things have to be executed.

Freshman Cadence Sanders infielder said, “Just like in any team sport, it is really hard to predict what is going to happen in a game. But I can tell you that our pitching will need to be flawless so we can get some run support for our pitchers and hopefully not have too many errors on the field.”

Edinburgh is a new team added to the schedule. 

Junior Courtney Hankenhoff pitcher said, “I have looked through MaxPreps a couple of times at their team and I realized that they do play a lot of smaller teams. They beat them pretty well, but then when they play the bigger schools, they really struggle. I think it is very important going into this game to not look you much at their stats and to just focus on the game ahead.”

Last year, Edinburgh went 11-12 overall. They are 9-8 right now looking to keep building on their season.

Wheatley said, “I have complete faith in our team to get this win and keep building onto our record. I wouldn’t say this game is a necessity to win just because it is a non-conference game, but it is definitely something that we need as a team to get our confidence back up to where it used to be.”

There are certain things that need to happen in practice to prepare for a game like this.

Sanders said, “We have been working a lot on our fielding recently because we have been on the struggle bus a little bit, but it’s not just that. We need to work on just about everything to get our team back on pace and get back to a .500 record.”