Lebron sweeps Jordan across the board

In a conversation between two NBA fans, it is almost inevitable that the topic of who is the greatest player in the history of the league will come up. 

It ultimately comes down to what NBA fans factor in the most. Fans who lean in the direction of Lebron James fans are typically quick to bring up the impressive length of his NBA career.

“For me, there is no doubt in my mind that Lebron is the best to ever do it. Playing at MVP candidate level on a championship-contending team at age 38 in his 20th season is beyond impressive. When Michael Jordan was 38 years old, he was decent at best on a Wizards team that did not even make it to the playoffs,” junior Will Riley said.

In the early stages of Lebron’s career, he was dealt with many pressures. Despite these high expectations and a less-than-sufficient roster to achieve them, Lebron found a way.

“The most impressive thing about Lebron’s career for me is the very beginning of it. He was given nicknames like ‘the chosen one’ and people had very high expectations of him even though his team was not that good he got them to the NBA finals. You would think that being only 21 years old he would fold under the pressure, but he carried the team during that finals run,” junior Carlos Diego said.

One of James’ edges over other NBA greats is his remarkable stats on his career. Diego finds these stats to be very important in deciding who is the best to ever do it.

“Where Lebron ranks in major statistics is baffling to me. He is the all-time leader in total points and playoff points, the only player in the history of the NBA with 10,000 points, rebounds, and assists in their career. He can do it all: score, pass, rebound, and defend,” Diego said.

A common reason used to support Michael Jordan case is his perfect 6-0 record in the NBA finals. Lebron James’ 4-6 record is just as if not more impressive to sophomore Zeke Faulkens.

“Sure MJ went 6-0 in the finals, but he also only made it to 6 finals. The other 10 years he got eliminated or did not make the playoffs at all. Half of the seasons in his career Lebron made the finals,” Faulkens said.

Riley sees how unbelievable his collection of awards is.

“Lebron is a four time MVP, four time NBA champion, four time finals MVP, and a great defender making a handful of all-defensive teams as well. From the games I have seen this year, he is on pace for another All-NBA selection as well, which I think would be his 20th,” Riley said.