Back 9 Golf and Entertainment Review

Back 9 Golf and Entertainment is a fun and user-friendly way to play golf, enjoy live music, and eat good food.

Despite being very new, Back 9 is successful due to its central location. TopGolf has been around since 2000, and the Fishers location just eclipsed the five-year mark. Especially for people on the southside of Indianapolis, it is a lot easier to throw Back 9 into the hat for what to do with friends, considering it is half the distance away.

Each bay can hold up to eight people. Parties of 9-16 will have two bays that are connected. Golfers with a party of larger than 16 have to call ahead to their event planning department. Their prices vary, depending on weekend or weekday and time of day. A weekday morning is the most cost effective time, and a weekend evening is the most expensive. Even the most expensive time is only $55 for an hour, and if the price is split with seven other friends, it will cost about $8 for an hour, $10 for 90 minutes, and only $15 per person for two hours of time.

Golfers can virtually play famous courses or try one of their game modes. Back 9 offers games like Longest Drive, 21, where different targets show a different playing card and golfers attempt to get a total of 21, and their main game mode which is very similar to the TopGolf signature mode where golfers aim for the greens and the closer to the center the more points are given.

The customer service was great at Back 9. The first time we went about a year ago, there was a malfunction in the software right when we got to our bay forcing us to move to a different one. Then, there was a miscommunication, and halfway through our time, we had to move again for a party. The workers were very friendly and even gave us all a card for a free hour of play. The last time we went the experience was without those hiccups.

Back 9 has more to offer than just golf. There are several sitting areas in and outdoors, including a handful of balconies where they often have live music. For adults, there is a large bar and for the kids, there is a game room. This is a very nice feature because if it gets busy, and there is a wait, golfers have something to do in the meantime.

One of our favorite parts about Back 9 was that other than the fun time we had, their food and service rivaled many restaurants we often go to. The server was quick to bring refills, and our food was good and reasonably priced. We all shared a few appetizers and got our own meals for dinner, making sure to each try something different. Following our meal, we all shared a skillet cookie with ice cream on top.