Who won the NFL free agency?

The NFL free agency started out hot with big names like Diggs, Henry and Cousins to new teams and big changes in the Super Bowl contenders like the Texans and Jets.

I think this has been one of the most active off-seasons in a while. I really liked the Ravens chances last year and now with Derrick Henry, even though he is a little out of his prime, I have them as my favorite to win it all. I think the AFC will be more competitive this year with Texans making a huge jump. They will be a fun team to watch with a stunning young quarterback, and now with  Diggs and Collins, they have one of the best wide receiver duos in the NFL. I think the Lions and 49ers will be the best in the NFC, but they have not made big moves like the top teams in the AFC. I hope our own Indianapolis Colts will have a great season with Richardson back. This will be a great season after the fiery off-season.

In the NFL, the quarterback is the most important position, and in past years, teams have had to have a big name quarterback to be successful and make big runs in the playoffs. The Atlanta Falcons made a huge move by bringing in Kirk Cousins and building a solid receiving core around him that has set up a powerful offense.

“I think that the Falcons have definitely won free agency and are easily a huge Super Bowl contender. Cousins is a solid quarterback, but he has a good receiving core, and I’m really excited for their season” senior Gabe Falco said.

After many years in the dark, the Colts’ division rival, the Texans, are capitalizing off their stunning rookie quarterback and are planning a big season after their work in the free agency this year.

“I think the Texans will easily win the division and have a good chance for the chip. Stroud had a great season and now he has Diggs, Collins, and Schultz to throw too. Along with that, their defense had a lot of D-Line signings, and they will be solid on both sides of the ball,” senior Kobe Keithly said.

Some teams are already on top and just improving their chances of holding the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the season.

“I think this will finally be Lamar Jackson’s year to win it all,” sophomore Jake Galbrith said, “They are already a great team, and now they finally have a top running back, Derrick Henry,  to take the running load off of Lamar. They lost Queen, and I think they could still use another receiver, but there is still time, and they can pull someone from the draft.”

The Jets had high hopes last year, and those were cut short. A torn achilles ruined their whole season. Now, they are back and better than before.

“I think if Aaron Rodgers comes back this season and plays like he was two years ago, then the Jets will be a really solid contender. Aaron Rodgers is a Hall of Fame level quarterback, and he is matched with few solid receivers and a good defense. I think they will beat out the Bills and the Dolphins in the conference next year,” sophomore Sean Newett said.