Students hitting the gym

Students are hitting the gym, trading homework for workouts.

“The gym I go to is called American Muscle Factory. I go there because of how many machines they offer and the community there just feels like one big family.They also have a staff that actually cares,” senior Brayden Holman said.

Junior Chloe Economou has similar reasoning for liking the same gym.

“America Muscle Factory is a really good gym to go to. I would recommend going there because most commercial gyms like Planet Fitness do not take care of their equipment very well and it’s also a better community. I pay $40 a month, and they give you a discount for being a high school student or college student,” Economou said.

Sometimes they do not have to be motivated to go to the gym, other people can help people stay motivated.

“I go to Vasa for the gym. I always go to the gym with my brother, and if I’m not motivated to go to the gym, my brother helps me so much to stay motivated to be at the gym by hyping me up. Like when I’m on my last rep and I don’t feel like doing it anymore, he always gives me words of encouragement which really helps,” freshman Austin Barrett said. 

Everyone goes to the gym to workout different parts of their body, but some have favorites. 

“My favorite part of my body to workout is legs because it makes me feel powerful. My legs are the strongest part of my body so I can always increase my weight, which makes me feel good about myself,” sophomore Mya Gardner said.

Even though most students’ reason for going to the gym is to get stronger, some use it as an escape to get away from everything.

“I do still go to the gym to get stronger, but I also use the gym as an escape from reality. It helps me relieve my stress and boosts my mood when I’m having a rough day. When I have negative feelings or thoughts, I use the gym to take it out on something good for my body and health,” Holman said.